- Recycle all #1 through #7 plastic bottles and jars only with an opening smaller than the base (or widest part)>
- Remove and throw away caps, lids and pumps
- Empty all contents. It is not necessary to remove labels or rinse thoroughly
- STEP ON IT! Crush plastic bottles by carefully stepping on them so they take up less room in the recycling bin
- Place uncapped and flattened empty plastic bottles in your recycling bin along with your other recyclables.
If you tend to get confused when it comes to recycling plastic bottles, remember this: Check for the Neck! If a bottle or jar has an opening that is smaller than the base (or widest part) it is acceptable for recycling. All other kinds of plastic items are trash and belong in the garbage can.